Thursday, September 19, 2013

Leap of Faith

A while back I got this cliche idea that I could start a blog.  I thought of a name which I only had to slightly adjust to get a domain, I made a banner, I found a background, and then took a step back to look it over, declared it good and was rather satisfied. I was busy, you know.  Nobody would have read it anyway. At least I proved I could make it look cool. 

Then Mom mentioned that what I really ought to do with that empty blog is make a blog version of a database for information for my sisters, since I do get the desperate urge to "research" a lot of things, especially things relating to motherhood lately.  It took a moment to hit me, but I realized that this could help me with my "bookmarks" and "tabs" problem *cough* addiction *cough*.  I realized once again that my mother is brilliant.  And then.... I started getting a little overwhelmed.  Despite my tab and bookmark addiction, there were already so many good articles that I have lost, will I ever be able to find them or even remember them again? What are all the rules about this sort of thing?  What if it isn't perfect (or even close enough)?  So, I declared it a brilliant must-do and promptly postponed doing anything to make it happen. 


But recently, I have been reminded how valuable a resource this could maybe be for people I love, and have had the blessing of motivation from a very encouraging sister (thank you). So, I would like to officially begin my work on this project now- this is me rolling up my sleeves and committing to do this- wish me luck! 

1 comment:

  1. I, for one, think this blog will be immensely helpful to me and am happy and thankful you've started!

    ReplyDelete